Monday, September 19, 2011

15 Day Challenge, Day 4


[1] Damn It, Janet - Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack
I love theatre. I love music. Combining those two into a magical deliciousness of awesomeness (whether on stage or in a movie) is something I've loved since well, forever it seems.  I often hope that I'll somehow find myself in a flash mob of epic proportions. (I choreograph songs in my head, usually with Lillie as my muse.)
Also, rhyming pretty much kicks ass, uhh..suger bass?
[2] (You Drive Me) Crazy - Britney Spears
 I love me some Britney. Whether she's the reigning pop princess or crazily shaving her head under millions of scrutinizing eyes. In my head, we're best friends. And we.always.will.be.
For the song itself though - it definitely sums up my feelings especially in the beginnings of mine and Alfred's relationship. I was sprung so hard you'd think I was popping up out of a mattress.(I am still, but more of an actual love sense instead of a lust sense.)
[3] Circle of Life - The Lion King Soundtrack
 Disney movies rock my socks off. I'm currently working on a collection to share with Lillie as she grows older. The thought of watching movies with my baby girl that I watched at her age, honey, now that's the circle of life and I couldn't be more grateful for it.
[4] We Both Reached for the Gun - Chicago (movie) Soundtrack
Again, another soundtrack. This song reminds me of my mother who has only told me pieces of what really happened that night she was sent to prison on charges of manslaughter for finally fighting back.
On a happier note though, Chicago is probably the only musical Alfred will watch with me willingly. I think it has to do with this number which just happens to be our favorite (his because of the outfits, I'm almost positive) -
[5]Neon Moon - Brooks & Dunn
This song is absolutely on my top ten list of awesomeness. In my head, it's the ideal bar dancing song. Just grab the one you love and two-step it through the night. I love pop-country music of the day but to me this song is how country music should sound. It reminds me of my mom as well and some of the heartbreak she's had in life because of that neon moon.
[6] Poker Face - Lady GaGa
I'm slightly obsessed with Lady GaGa. In fact, I'm hoping to have a Halloween party this year themed from her Monster Tour. We'll see though. As far as describing me, it doesn't. I have a horrible poker face. I smile entirely too much.
[7] Bust a Move - Glee Cast Version
I love to dance but alas, I am horrible at it. It doesn't stop me though. I ain't got no shame in my Bust a Move.
I have also choreographed dances to this song in my head and wish I would have sung it/danced it at my best friend Emilie's wedding.
Don't judge me.
[8] Don't Rain On My Parade - Glee Cast Version
I used to judge myself based on how other people perceived me. I'd let those thoughts, those projections, ruin things for me. But now that I'm older and have a better sense of who I am, I just let me be me. And I have to say not worrying if someone is staring at my stretch marks, or laughing at my dance moves (i.e. running man, cabbage patch, macarena etc.) is so freeing.
"Nobody, no, nobody is gonna rain on my parade!"
(Just as a side note - I sing the hell out of this song in my truck)
[9] Beer, Bait & Ammo - Kevin Fowler
I'm only 26 but in my time on earth I've learned that not everything needs to be fast-paced (or facebooked!) to be living life. Sometimes, sitting on the edge of a tank with a Budlight in one hand, a fishing pole in the other and good friends to call your own - it's taking that moment to breathe it all in that you can really feel grateful for everything the Lord has blessed you with.
[10] I Touch Myself - The Divinyls
Uhh...pass.

Day 5 

No comments: