Monday, October 29, 2012

This Weekend, I… [10/29/12]

TWI

Linking up with Syn & Sarah for another does of This Weekend, I…

This Weekend, I started the weekend off with BFF time. Emilie & Tanner came over for dinner [Fine, Justin did too – but he had to work & couldn’t stay long]. I made this – photo courtesy of http://goddessofscrumptiousness.tumblr.com/

It was pretty amazeballs. Even the husband enjoyed it and he is not a pasta fan at all. If I were to make it again though I’d add more chicken, less noodles & half the tomatoes before throwing them in. Just personal preferences, but definitely worth your time. Recipe can be found here - http://godofscrumprecipes.tumblr.com/post/21100317594/spaghetti-in-garlic-gravy-with-herbs-and-lemon#.

This Weekend, I  got us all purdied up for a 2 year old’s birthday party. We’re close friends [actually they’re going with us to Vegas in a little over a month – more on that later] and their daughter is only a few weeks older than Lillie. And they get along great – so it’s definitely a win-win situation for all of us. Before we left I forced Lillie to take a picture with me…

20121027170935 And this is the face you get whenever your mom is a blogger.
“TAKE A PICTURE WITH ME NOW KID! I NEED THIS TO SHOW PEOPLE HOW AWESOME MY MAKEUP IS WITHOUT SEEMING LIKE A TOOL FOR TAKING A ZILLION PHOTOS OF JUST ME!”
She did finally cooperate though. Of course, only after laughing at me though. Kids, sheesh.

20121027171011Between the cake & the stick horse rodeo & piñata & playing bed time she was plum tuckered out by the end of the night. Birthday parties are just plain awesome. [Yeah, the photos suck. My phone is a turdfest, but you get the idea.]
1-10-27-2012This Weekend, I went to a Gigi Hill bag party. My friend Amy sells them & if you haven’t heard of them they are really great brand & wonderful purses. I usually carry around a wallet. In my back pocket. I know, I like to reminisce about how I’m a 13 year old boy but I bought a bag on sale [it can be kind of pricey] a few months ago and I love it. It doubles as my purse & workout bag and seriously, totally worth it. You can check out Amy’s Gigi Hill page here - http://www.gigihillbags.com/pws/amyhamilton/tabs/home.aspx or you can find her on FB here.

This Weekend, I ran 6 miles. It’s my first 6 miles down since my 10k over a month ago. I should have far exceeded this by now but when my ankle messed up it threw my entire half-marathon training schedule out of whack. I’m trying to play catch-up right now without totally overdoing it. So far, no complaints. And for those of you who have been reading you may be saying, “But Tamara, you said you don’t have a half until January! You don’t need to be crazy quite yet!”  Well, then I’d say to you, “DUDE, I went stupid for a whole minute and signed up to run a half-marathon in LAS VEGAS the first weekend in December and then I went even stupider & bought airplane tickets & hotel rooms & there’s no turning back now!” So, yeah, going to Vegas. I’ll put up a better post about it. But I’m really excited & really nervous. My friend [and bro-in-law’s girlfriend who I’m just going to refer to as my sister since she’s fucking awesome] Anita is running with me. Can’t.Frickin'.Wait.

8 comments:

Syndal said...

what a CUTIE! I love your girl's face in that picture! haha :)

Abbey said...

gah. I haven't run since my last 5k.

also Lillie is too cute. even when she's a blur.

meg said...

okay. that pasta looks so unreal and the first pic of Lillie made me laugh out loud. obnoxiously. that kid is adorable!
in other news, I nominated you for a Liebster award so go check it out!

meg said...

okay. that pasta looks so unreal and the first pic of Lillie made me laugh out loud. obnoxiously. that kid is adorable!
in other news, I nominated you for a Liebster award so go check it out!

Brianne said...

That pasta looks amazing!

Katie said...

HAHAHA! I love your picture taking strategies. Awesome. :)

Sara said...

6 miles?! Pretty sure I walk up a flight of stairs and beg for mercy....(ok, not really, but you get the idea).

You'll have an awesome time in Vegas!! The hubbs and I are going back in a few months and can't wait!!! Where are you staying?

Katie said...

HAHAHA that first picture with Lillie cracks me up. I have a LOT of pictures on my phone that look just like that one! Oh, and your makeup is awesome.