Monday, June 10, 2013

Thank You

On Friday, I posted a blog detailing a lovely incident I had with uh, not-so-nice person. It felt really good as I writing it out as if every word I typed was allowing me to let go of all the crappy thoughts/feelings I was having about myself from it. I wasn’t expecting much from it – mostly, I just needed to get that negativity away from me. I am a positive person. I like to smile. I love to laugh. I think high-fives & hugs make the world a much better place.

Don’t doubt me. They do.

And you know what else I think makes the better place?

You.

I received so many wonderful comments & emails about this. People that have “overheard” comments directed at them, people that have made those comments, but that the underlying theme seems to come to one thing – it’s nothing to do with you, and something to do with them.

Perhaps that girl was just incredibly insecure with her appearance (I never made a comment about what she looked like, but she was no model herself) and needed to say something of that nature to make herself feel better.

Maybe she caught her man eyeing my goods (I could be considered busty, especially in the top I was wearing, and add on the lovely tattoo I have on my rack that was on display it’s possible) and was reminding him to keep his eyes to himself.

(Or maybe she’s just a bitch. There’s always that.)

I really hate that I allowed her comment to break me down so much, to get into my mind, to make me think I wasn’t good enough – when I know I am. I’ve worked really hard to feel good about myself and you all reminded me that I am.

So, thank you. 

Thank you for being the type of person who brings someone up. Who cheers them on when they’re feeling down. Who internet high-fives the amazon girl from Texas whenever she rolls through another finish line.

YOU are the type of person that makes the world a better place (in addition to the hugs & high-fives, of course) and you should be proud of that. You are the person that Lillie will come across years from now when I tell her “Oh yeah, I was a blogger” that will help remind her wonderful, beautiful people are out there in the world – they are everywhere, and one negative person doesn’t define a damn thing.

4 comments:

Genna said...

I love your possible reasonings for her comment. Seriously LOL'd, but I'd have to agree that a lot of it is probably her general bitchiness. I'm glad you are stronger than that and don't let things like this break you!!!

Tristan Bouc said...

I just think we should meet in real life. I think we'd be real life bffs!

Anonymous said...

Yes! High fives & hugs definitely make the world a better place and I think bloggers are some of the most supportive and amazing people I've ever met.

meg @ you're meaghan me crazy! said...

you rock.