Monday, November 10, 2014

WW – Week 2

I’m still trying to figure out how I want to format these posts – so, things may change up weekly until I get it down but the information should stay relatively the same.

Week 2: November 3 -November 9

Original Weight:197.6 lbs

Week 2 Starting Weight: 195.2 lbs
Current Weight: 193 lbs
Weekly Weight Loss: -2.2 lbs

Total weight loss: –4.6 lbs

*Current Goal: 183.7 lbs*
Ultimate Goal: 155 lbs

I am also going to add my measurements - just as another form of progress. I forgot to include them on last weeks post & I re-measured this morning just because, so this is a 2 weeks difference but my plan is to only update monthly.

  10/27/2014 11/10/2014

Change (+/-)

Hips: 44 43 -1 in
Waist: 34 33 -1 in
Bust: 39 39 0
Rt. Thigh: 27.5 27.5 0
Lt. Thigh: 27 27 0
Rt. Arm: 12.5 12.5 0
Lt. Arm: 12 12 0
Total loss:     -2 inches

I feel good about this past week. Although, right now when I get on the scale it doesn’t really feel like a loss. Since these pounds are ones I’ve lost once and have now regained, it doesn’t feel really that special as it did the first time. I can feel myself saying it doesn’t really matter, I shouldn’t have gained it back in the first place, and why even bother. Which is ridiculous. I made an active effort this week to clean up my food & consciously made good decisions, so I should be celebrating staying on track.

I’ve heard & read people knocking Weight Watchers because it doesn’t really teach you how to eat – it gives you points and you use them how you want. You want to spend 20 points on McDonald’s Angus Mushroom & Swiss Hamburger, go right on ahead. Sure, let’s add large fries for 14 points and just eat nothing for the rest of the day.

Technically, you can lose weight doing that. But I think those people who are using it in that way are setting themselves up for failure & really not interested in changing their life anyway. They want a quick fix & then it gives the program a bad name. You could probably say the same for other programs – Paleo, Atkins, etc. If you cheat the system, it’s probably not going to work long-term for you. You have to be willing to recognize & take responsibility for what you’re doing wrong and then figure out how you will overcome it.

Mine is my diet. I feel like I eat okay – which means I probably do not at all. I snack a lot and while I really do enjoy vegetables/fruits I’m more prone to reaching for a bag of chips than an apple. It seems more convenient and so much more satisfying.

So, I’m really trying to focus on cleaning up my diet so that this a sustainable change. I’m not going balls to the wall right away (that in the past has been a recipe for disaster). It’s just that once I reach my goal, I know I’m going to have to figure out how to maintain – and if I can work on that while I reach towards my goal, I think I will be in a much better place than that of complete restriction.

I actually had a Jack-in-the-Box burger & curly fries last week because I simply could not get them out of my head. I figured if I wanted them that bad, why not, so I did – and they were wonderful. I still managed to lose because the rest of my food for the week was mostly lean meats, vegetables & fruits. I’ve been working on not eye-balling things either. Like if I track a tbsp of peanut butter, it’s actually a tablespoon. It’s been a little eye-opening to me this past week in regards to my portions.

In fitness related news, I attended my orientation for Team Beef last night & officially started half-marathon training today! I’ll share more about that in a separate post later this week.

Also, if you’re not already following Holly from My Own Kind of Beautiful, check her out & give her some love. She’s a runner but is just starting weight lifting – and I can’t wait to see her progress!

3 comments:

The Lady Okie said...

Half marathon! Where we shall meet and it will be glorious. Keep up the good work!

Kate said...

Yay for a loss! And yay for half marathon training! (Most inspiring comment ever, I know.)

Holly said...

Oh my gosh, that first paragraph about not celebrating those pounds lost...I could have written it!! I gained a few pounds over the past few months, so anything I lose now I'm just trying to get down to what I was before that--it's not a big difference in hindsight but it is to me. I need to keep telling myself the same things as you, though, because otherwise I will never succeed!

Clean eating is hard. And not snacking a lot is tough for me. I am trying so hard to bring healthy snacks for the day, which has worked out well, but I have to stop myself from eating everything all at once lol. Also, a little cheating is not horrible--I had a ton of pizza on Tuesday night for a work event, but then I focused on veggies and lean meat the next day so it was all good ;)

Also, you are SO SWEET for the shoutout!! Thanks Tam :) I'm excited to see my progress, too!!!