Friday, August 7, 2015

Uhh, hi?

I don’t know how to start this.

Like, I’ve been out of the loop for so long that it’s kind of those awkward first few moments you catch eyes with someone in the supermarket that you haven’t seen in like 10 years and you don’t know if they remember you, so you wait for a sign. Like, a smile. Or a head nod. Or a little wave, with a “Heyyyy girl!”

Because you both know if one of you doesn’t initiate it then you’re both going to divert your eyes and scram down the next aisle acting like you didn’t see the other person but we all know you did.

So I guess what I’m saying is *waves hand* “HEYYYYYY GIRLLLLL!”

I’m still around just re-prioritized some things in my life and unfortunately, updating this blog has dropped a bit in ranking. I should tell you that I’m going to change that, and I’m going to be back more regularly but honestly? I don’t know if I will. I’m just going with the flow and I hope that flow leads me into posting regularly again. We shall see, I guess.

In the meantime, here’s a few things I’ve been up to over the past few months.

  • Lillie, mostly. She really enjoyed her time on t-ball and they even made it to the play-offs. I think she’ll play again next year (I hope so, anyway). IMG_1431

It’s hard to believe she’ll be 5 in November. Looking back it’s really an amazing thing to witness a child grow up, she continues to amaze Alfred & I every day. Not only with her kind heart but with her growing sense of humor (even if sometimes that means she gives me a wet willy, thanks to Alfred for showing her that) DSC03408

  • Alfred Lehmann Services. If you’ll recall Alfred quit his regularly programmed job at the end of 2013 to venture out on his own. I know it’s cliché to say, but he really is the hardest working man I know and I’m incredibly proud of his commitment and work ethic. There’s been a learning curve but we make a good team (when neither one of us is hungry, otherwise the HANGER takes over and well, it’s not pretty.)
    $100 Dinner

Our good friends, Courtney & Jeff representing Alfred Lehmann Services with us at a local event recently.

  • Speaking of the learning curve, it’s also inspired me to go back to school. I graduated in May 2009 with my Bachelor’s in Business Administration. I worked full-time in addition to earning my degree but with no kid, I had a lot more time to commit to studying. I’m more nervous about this new adventure than the day Alfred told he was quitting his job! I take the GMAT (standardized test for graduate school) next month and will hopefully get into the MBA program I’m looking at and start that in January. 799717887112
  • As far as running goes, that’s fallen to the wayside this summer. I tend to slow down during these months because um, Texas heat, yo. I did register for a 5k (this Sunday!) to get into more of a routine with my fitness goals. The only real plan for this 5k is to finish, no PR goals for me since the heat always throw a wrench into things. I just want to go out and enjoy it.

    Also, it’s called Badass Brazos and I’m hoping that’s exactly what the shirt says. Because if I have a shirt that says it, it must be true, right?

What’s been going on with you guys?

7 comments:

Abbey said...

Dude.

I haven't been blogging either. Mostly I just don't have much to say anymore. So, no blogging.

Happy to hear from you, though! That picture of the four of you is so cute! And I say the same thing about Pat -- that he's the hardest working person I know -- so I totally don't think it's cheesy! :)

Excited for you to go back to school!!!! I can definitely see why it makes you nervous, but I'm sure you'll rock it!

jaime said...

I've missed your posts and was wondering about you recently! Life sounds busy. :)

The Lady Okie said...

Glad to hear from you! HEY, GIRL! I'm glad the business is going well! And look at you go for your MBA! That's awesome. So many exclamation points :) I have NO desire to go back to school, but I definitely admire people who do!

Sar said...

First, when did Lils become a teenager?! Whoa baby!

Second, GMAT? MBA Program? You're AMAZING!! Just as badass as your race medal says. ;)

Kate said...

I'VE MISSED YOU.

Lillie is the cutest. Yay for Alfred's success. And double yay for going back to school! You're such a badass.

Miss Nutralicious said...

HEEYYY GIIRRLLL!!!!

Looks like you've been busy! Returning to school, taking tests, starting new businesses, and all with a 5 year old in tow. Dang! You must be super woman!

What's going on with me? Well, I had a baby, and today is her 6 month birthday. What?!?!....and that's what I've been up to.

I miss your posts, and I love the t-ball photo. I hope all of the studying and testing next month goes smoothly!

Sara Strand said...

First up, missed your bloggy face.

Secondly, I can't even run around the block without feeling like my bladder is going to flop out and take everything with it BUT my friend says I'm doing a half marathon with her in June. Hilarious because I do as little outdoors up here from November-May and yeah, that means no training. I'll probably die, but I'll have someone take pictures.